The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) now invites applications for the METI Japan Internship Program from micro, small and medium sized enterprises (MSMEs), foreign people living overseas and having skills and knowledge for an opportunity to experience working in a Japanese company, creating new business opportunities and learning cross-cultural communications, through internship. This is a government funded Internship.
The METI Japan Internship Programme (JIP) is put together by the government of Japan with a twofold goal:
1. To give Japanese companies, in particular, micro, small and medium sized enterprises (MSMEs), an opportunity to create new business and/or innovation with foreign people who are full of skills and knowledge through internship.
2. To give foreign people who live overseas and are full of skills and knowledge an opportunity and the experience of working in a Japanese company, creating new business opportunities and learning cross-cultural communications, through internship.
Since the COVID-19 quasi-emergency has been decreased this year, we basically plan to hold an offline internship program. Some of the events will also be held online for overseas students by using collective facilities.
See Also: United Nations Immersion Programme, Geneva
Main support for interns
- 1. Insurance coverage during the activity period.
- 2. Interns can borrow communication device such as laptop, LAN, and mobile phone etc.
For interns who are visiting Japan, all their expense for visiting Japan will be fully covered.
Level and Areas of Internship
Internship is open to all Japanese Companies, Students of University or Graduates who meet the eligibility criteria.
Place of Internship
Internship company in general, and Designated facilities such as overseas’ University.
The eligibility for the METI Japan Internship Programme is open to:
- People who are professionals, full of skills and knowledge, and are currently living in either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China and
- People having the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China.
Application period for Summer Internship: the middle of May to the late of June.
Application Period for Winter Internship: the middle of August to the late of September.
1st August 2022 – 9th September 2022
22nd August, 2022 – 30th September2022
31st October 2022 – 9th December 2022
7th November 2022 – 16th December 2022.
Applicants must meet all the following requirements to be eligible:
- Understanding the purpose of this program and having the will to contribute to the host company’s activities with his/her skill and knowledge
- Living in either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China and
Having the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China
- Being able to work as an intern for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday in the place agreed, in the case of the Course-A, a designated workspace.
- Having language proficiency in Japanese (JLPT N3 or higher) and/or in English (Business level).
- Submitting the following document(s):
→For Students of University or Graduate School: a letter of recommendation by his/her academic advisor
→For Graduates: a graduation certificate of university or graduate school
- Submitting a certificate of useful qualifications for internship (if applicable)
- Being able to attend the Pre and post-orientation
- Being able to follow the instruction by JIP office and the host company.
Check Also: Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme (Fully Funded)
How-to-Apply: Eligible applicants for the METI Japan Internship Programme should take the following steps to apply.
- Register a new account from the website below given link.
- Please click the link here and create your account from [SIGN UP(Free)] button and fill up all your information.
- After registering account, please open this page again with logged in, then click [Apply Status] and [Apply] button below.