Applications for the MENA Scholarship are now invited. This is specially open to students from Middle East and North African countries. The scholarship will support students to undertake short course programs in the Netherlands. The scholarship is fully funded and covers all of the related expenses during program.
The overall aim of the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) is to contribute to the democratic transition in the participating countries. Furthermore, the MSP aims to contribute to talent haunt and capacity building within a wide range of governmental, non-governmental and private organisations and institutions in the selected countries.
Each of the awardees of MSP scholarship will receive full funding that covers:
– international travel costs
– visa costs
– course fee
– medical insurance
– allowance for study materials
– allowance for living cost
Level and Area of Studies
Short course program in one of the following fields: Economics, commerce , management and accounting, Agriculture and environment, Mathematics, natural sciences and computer science ; Engineering ; Law, public administration, public order and safety and Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts.
Place of Study
In the Netherlands.
Eligibility and Criteria
- must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- must have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organizations, bilateral donor organizations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organizations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- must have an official and valid passport;
- must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- must be between 20 and 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
This MSP Scholarship only available for students from MENA countries i.e. Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Syria and Tunisia.
Applicants need to apply for an MSP scholarship directly at the Dutch education institution. Only the Dutch institution will provide information about the programmes, selection criteria, application procedures and deadlines.
The application deadline may vary from country to country, but usually in two cycles – February / March and September / October yearly.