Enterprise Fellowships is a 12-month accelerator programme for creative and entrepreneurial engineers who have an impactful innovation ready to commercialise at the seed or pre-seed stage. Organised by the Enterprise Hub of the Royal Academy of Engineering in the UK, the programme equips Awardees with the confidence, skills, experience and networks they need to bring their engineering products to market.
Fellowship Description | Enterprise Fellowships for Creative and Entrepreneurial Engineers
What the Enterprise Fellowships offer – the programme has provided £9.2 million in grant funding to upskill over 150 Enterprise Fellows, who have gone on to create companies valued over £550 million. As a charity, the academy does not take any equity, but only asks in return for your passion and determination to become part of the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The Royal Academy of Engineering, UK.
Place of Fellowship
The fellowship will be taken in the UK.
Successful fellows will receive:
- Up to £75,000 equity-free startup funding grant,
- Expert business mentoring and coaching,
- 15 days of business training,
- Subscription to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit,
- Access to the community of Hub Members, Academy Fellows, investors, industry experts and partners,
- Flexible working space at the Taylor Centre, our physical hub,
- Hub membership for life.
The fellowship supports:
- Researchers wishing to spinout a company from a university.
- Recent graduates seeking to found a startup.
- International PhD students (already based in the UK) wanting to spinout or startup
You meet the key eligibility criteria for Enterprise Fellowships for Creative and Entrepreneurial Engineers if:
- The Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your solution is 4 or above.
- Equity investment in your business is less than 500,000 GBP.
- Your innovation is protectable and you own or co-own the IP.
- Within the founding team, you own the highest equity stake in the company.
- You are, or have the ambition to be, the CEO or COO of the business.
- For startups: you are not a student or otherwise employed during our programme.
- In addition for Startups: you have completed your very first university degree by 1 July 2017.
- For spinouts: you are currently employed by the university.
- If relevant, your PhD viva will be held no later than 30 November 2022
Please ensure you read the full list of eligibility criteria before applying.
Check Also: RAEng APEX Awards for Research Programme in UK
The Application Procedure
Before you start your application, do ensure you are eligible, and read up all other instructions on the the Application page on the steps to apply for the Enterprise Fellowships.
All applications must be submitted through the online application portal to be considered.