Applications for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship are invited from outstanding students around the globe who are looking for a suitable learning environment to study in Australia. Successful scholars for the award will be entitled to tuition fees for the duration of the degree programme or a sum of $10,000 in their first year of study. Intending candidates are encouraged to opt in as application is ongoing.
The University of Melbourne scholarships are offered to domestic and international students on the basis of their excellent educational performance and ranked in accordance with their final high school results in order to determine those who merit a particular scholarship value.
The University of Melbourne Australia offers about 1000 scholarships to international students undertaking undergraduate study at the institution. The awards are targeted at high performance students. This gives the awardees the opportunity to interact with top researchers at the university.
This scholarship provides either a:
- $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree
- 50 per cent fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
- 100 per cent fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree
To be eligible for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have completed secondary school outside Australia or a foundation program in Australia;
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne;
- must be able to show leadership abilities and willing to interact with people of multicultural backgrounds.
Eligible applicants are first required to apply for admission into a full-time undergraduate programme at the University of Melbourne for the academic year. Candidates with an offer of admission are automatically considered for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship awards based on merit.
Submission Deadline: Not specified.