The Korean Government invites foreign students from all over the world to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Support for Foreign Students. They should be students wishing to undertake an undergraduate study in any institution in Korea. The scholarship support by Government covers all expenses, including living expenses up to 900,000 won per month, various scope of Settlement, Roundtrip air fare, and medical allowances.
The Korean Government Scholarship Support for Foreign Students is aimed to provide meaningful experiences for exchange students regarding Korean culture and education; and to strengthen the global competence of Korean universities.
Benefits | Korean Government Scholarship Support for Foreign Students
Study free in Korea with many other benefits
Number of Support Scholarships
About 200 foreign students
Place of Study
Institutions in Korea
Candidates applying for the Korean Government Scholarship for Foreign Students must be:
- Undergraduate students of the overseas universities that are partner universities of GKS for Foreign Exchange Students Program’s selected universities. (Master’s degrees candidates who are from the strategic cooperative partnership countries can also apply.).
- Must possess above 80% (out of 100%) and must have completed at least two semesters.
- Must register for regular courses (language courses are not considered regular courses).
- Must not have been sponsored by Korean government.
- Must hold foreign citizenship (dual citizenship holder—those holding both Korean citizenship and another nationality–cannot apply).
- Must choose only one university.
- Must take a Korean language or culture class (at least one class/ two credits)
- NIIED selects the universities for the above-mentioned program.
- The selected universities recommend talented exchange students to NIIED
How-To-Apply: All eligible candidate applying for the Korean Government Scholarship for Foreign Students are encouraged to apply online using the application tab and supply All accompanying documents in the official application page.