The INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship welcomes applications from students carrying out research activities in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science and Technology. A monthly stipend of 1500 Euros will be provided to the fellows to cover accommodation and living expenses. Interested applicants should apply before deadline.
The Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship program offers the opportunity to highly motivated undergraduate students from around the world to engage in research activities in the summer under the mentorship of faculty and researchers at INSAIT.
The program is 8-10 weeks long with the exact duration of the summer project decided between the student and their mentor. In order for students to optimally benefit from the program, summer projects are not allowed to be carried out remotely. Students are expected to be present at the institute in Sofia, Bulgaria.
See Also: Austrian Government Scholarships for Research Program in Austria
- Selected students will receive a monthly stipend of 1500 EUR to cover their living & accommodation expenses.
- Travel support for selected candidates will also be provided.
Level and Areas of Study
This opportunity is for undergraduate students in fields related to AI and Computer Science.
Place of Study
The fellowship programme will be held at Institute of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Technology in Bulgaria.
To be eligible for INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship at Sofia, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Undergraduate students enrolled in any accredited university are eligible to apply.
- The students should be enrolled in a STEM major such as computer science or math.
- To be eligible, applicants should also have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or the equivalent in the corresponding grading system.
- Applications from communities generally underrepresented in STEM are strongly encouraged.
Check Also: UK IC Postdoctoral Research Fellowships ($200,000 Grant)
Applicants need to submit their application materials before the deadline via the online platform. The application should include:
- A current CV (in pdf format).
- An unofficial transcript from your university (in pdf format).
- A one-page motivation letter (in pdf format).
Please, state why you are interested in the summer research program, two research areas at INSAIT that you are interested in, and whether you have prior research experience.
Submission Deadline: February 25.