CHORI Student Research Internship Program is now open. Both the citizens and non-citizens of the United States are welcome to apply. He or she must be High School and Undergraduate student. Undergraduate students will participate in a- nine week internship program and the high school students will undertake a-twenty week internship program. The winning candidates will receive stipend during their participation.
The objective of the CHORI Student Research Internships Program is to provide basic and clinical research training opportunities for High School and Undergraduate students. The goal is to provide these research opportunities for individuals from dis-advantaged backgrounds, racial and ethnic minorities, and others who are underrepresented in this field (e.g., individuals with disabilities). The CHORI Program provides students with a research training experience to stimulate interest in pursuing a career in biomedical, clinical, basic and/or behavioral research in a friendly and nurturing environment.
Each of the selected students will receive an amount of stipend during their participation.
Level and Area of Studies
Internship program for basic and clinical research training.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
This CHORI Student Research Internships are exclusively inteded to students satisfying the given criteria as follow:
- Students in good standing (typically 3.0 or better GPA) with an interest in the health sciences
- High school students in their junior or senior year, with at least one completed year in math and biology Undergraduate students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Students considered Under-Represented in the sciences
- Students must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States, or must have been lawfully admitted for permanent residency (i.e., in possession of the Alien Registration Receipt Card I-551 or I-151) at the time of application. Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible.
- Those not eligible to apply for a stipend according to these criteria can choose to apply as a volunteer.
Both the U.S and international students are welcome to apply.
Please see further instruction of the application procedure at the website and application link below.