The Ilia Calderón Scholarship opportunity to participate in the One Young World Summit in Belfast, United Kingdom is now open to young dynamic and innovative leaders who are Afro-descendants or Indigenous Leaders from Latin America and the Caribbean to apply. The Summit is aimed at developing young leaders who will come back to impact the society in which they come from. The scholarship is fully funded.
About the Scholarship
The Ilia Calderón Scholarship: One Young World has once again partnered with the Jang Calderón Family Foundation to support young Afro-descendant or Indigenous leaders, between the ages of 18 and 30, who are leading innovative and impactful initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean. The Ilia Calderón Scholarship will select and fund the participation of two Afro-descendant or Indigenous leaders who will be able to travel to the United Kingdom and attend the One Young World 2023 Summit in Belfast, United Kingdom.
The Ilia Calderón Scholarship will provide:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast.
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 2 and 5 (inclusive) October, 2023.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast (economy class).
- Domestic travel costs to airport to take the international flight (economy class).
- Visa costs, if applicable.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit).
- Translation services from English to Spanish in the plenary sessions, welcome and closing event.
Candidates applying to the Ilia Calderón Scholarship must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place in Belfast from 2 – 5 October 2023.
- Eligible Nationalities: Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Guyana, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Brazil.
Candidates will also be evaluated on the following:
- Demonstrate commitment and potential benefits for the communities or territories to which they belong.
- Relevance of the initiatives to which he/she leads or he/she participates.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Address key local and/or global issues in their community or territories.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.
Check Also: United Nations Immersion Programme, Geneva
To apply for the Ilia Calderón Scholarship to participate in the One Young World Summit in Belfast, UK, eligible candidate should use the online application system at the official application page, using the tab provided and providing all the requite information.
Application Deadline: April 17.