The Einstein Fellowship invites applications from outstanding young thinkers across the globe who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research works. The fellowship includes living accommodations, a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses. Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their applications before the deadline.
Awarded by the Einstein Forum and the Wittenstein Foundation, the purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
At the end of the fellowship period, the fellow will be expected to present his/her project in a public lecture at the Einstein Forum and at the Wittenstein Foundation. The Einstein Fellowship is not intended for applicants who wish to complete an academic study they have already begun.
See Also: Humboldt International Research Fellowship, Germany
The Einstein Fellowship for young thinkers offers:
- living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg
- stipend of EUR 10,000
- reimbursement of travel expenses.
Level and Areas of Study
The opportunity is for graduates in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences.
Place of Study
The fellowship will be held at the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin.
To be eligible for Einstein Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- candidates must be under 35 and hold a university degree in the relevant fields.
- successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant
- not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD. The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship, but can be the beginning of a longer project.
Check Also: Freeman Foundation International Fellowship Grant in Asia
- Applications should include a CV, a two-page project proposal, and two letters of recommendation. Please note that no fellowships will be given for dissertation research.
- Applications should be submitted by email to: / Bewerbungen sind zu richten an: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: All documents must be received by May 15, 2023.