Applications for the Hurford Youth Fellowship Progam are now open for young activists from around the World who intend to boost their leadership skills and want to support and promote democracy in their community. The Leadership Program is fully-funded in the U.S.A. with each fellow being entitled to a monthly stipend, living expenses, health insurance, office space with internet access and long-distance phone calls. Applications are accepted between June and July every year.
Hurford Program is one of the most competitive best youth exchange programs where successful applicants will get in touch with global networks of youth democracy movements around the World. The fellowship program aims to train young democracy activists to build their leadership skills. During the program, young leaders will be involved in carrying out research, lead presentations and online group discussions. The program will be held in Washington D.C. for three months. The cost of application is free.
- Health insurance
- Monthly stipend
- Roundtrip travel ticket
- Well-equiped office in Washington D.C.
- Long distance phone calls budget
Level and Areas of Study
Hurford Youth Fellowship Program is non-degree program in Leadership Development
Place of Study
Hosted in selected higher institutions in Washington D.C., U.S.A.
- Candidates must not exceed 30 years of age
- Social or democratic activists from over the world can apply
- Participants affiliated with or recognized by civil society organizations are encouraged
- Candidates must know English and submit application form in English
To apply for this fellowship, please proceed to submit an online application with the following documents:
- Hurford Youth Fellowship Applicant form
- Project Proposal
- V./Resume; and
- Two Recommendation Letters
Documents should be uploaded on the application portal in the specified format
Submission Deadline: July 31, yearly.