Each year, the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships are available for international students who wish to undertaking undergraduate or master degree at a German institution. Up to 40 awards are given every year. Those covering EUR 750 for bachelor’s and EUR 850 for Master’s/Month plus other benefits.
Applicants come from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe can apply for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships, in Germany. Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy and live by them. Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship. Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diploma, Magister or state examination programme or EUR 850 in a Master’s course. In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
Level & Area of Studies
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships are available for both undergraduate and master’s degree in any area of studies.
Place of study
Any higher institution of learning in Germany.
Eligibility and Requirements
All applicants for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships must satisfy the academic requirements as follows:
- Admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
- Sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
To apply for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships in Germany:
- First, visit the DAAD scholarship database to confirm your country-specific requirements.
- Select your status and your country of origin to know if you are eligible to apply for the programs.
- If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme.
- Access all application forms and further information necessary to submit your application.
Varying Deadlines [On-going].