The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) foundation is now inviting applications from suitably qualified students from around the world for its Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships for International Students. KAS is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide.
The scholarships are targeted to international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least four semesters at a university in Germany.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships by KAS Foundation are awarded to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This is to actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany. Currently scholars come from 55 countries of the world to take on subjects like: law, sciences, music as well as medicine, amongst others.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships consist of financial assistance, personal guidance, a wide seminar program and access to the worldwide KAS-network.
The duration and level of funding varies for different types of studies:
- Graduates (master or postgraduate students) receive a monthly scholarship of € 861 through a standard funding period of two years.
- After having obtained unconditional admission to doctoral studies at a German university, PhD scholars receive a monthly scholarship of € 1.200 through a standard funding period of three years. We also fund research stays in Germany for the minimum of three semesters.
- Beside the monthly stipend, multiple subsidies are available for scholars:
- subsidize health care insurance up to the amount of € 120 per month.
- a family allowance of € 276 if you and your spouse live together in one place in Germany for at least three months and that his/her income does not exceed the amount of € 450 per month.
- children’s allowance of € 194 per month for children living with you in Germany.
Place of Study
Institutions in Germany.
Level and Areas of Study
Master’s and Doctoral studies in various disciplines.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships are aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least four semesters at a university in Germany. They should:
- have a university degree, as we do not provide support for bachelor studies,
- prove above average academic performance,
- have good knowledge of the German language (B2-level),
- be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- plan to study a minimum of four semesters at a university in Germany,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance,
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
Check Also: Katoni Scholarship Program in Cultural Areas
There are two ways to apply for Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships:
1) Each year new focus countries or regions are determined for the selection procedures. If you are living in one of these countries, you may send your written application directly to the responsible KAS office.
2) In case you are already living or studying in Germany, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship via the domestic selection program using our online procedure.
Application Deadline: The application period ends on July 15th each year for the domestic procedure. Please check the official application website for further instructions.