The next scholarship round of the ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarships for Postgraduate (Master’s) program is open to students intending to study in Switzerland. The scholarships support excellent Master’s students for both ETH Zurich’s Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP), covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
ETH Zurich supports excellent Master’s students with the following scholarship programme: The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The Excellence Scholarship/ESOP consists of a scholarship covering full living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. ESOP is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). This also applies for the tuition fee waiver.
Place of Study
ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
Number of Scholarships
Up to 60 Scholarship slots are available
Level and Areas of Study
Master’s program in any areas.
To be eligible to apply for the ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarships, you must:
- Have a very good result in Bachelor’s degree program (top 10% of Bachelor’s degree program = grade A)
- Please make sure to be reachable under the telephone number specified in your CV as the selection process might include a phone/VC interview in February.
- If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree program at ETH Zurich, or hold a Master degree, you are not eligible for ESOP.
To apply for the ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies, note that:
- ESOP applications are supplied via eApply (online Master application).
This also applies for ETH Bachelor students for a consecutive Master program.
- In addition to the documents for the Master admission you will need to upload a pre-proposal for your master thesis.
- The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
- If your study program does not ask for references you must name two reference persons (professors) for your ESOP application.
- The application window is open Nov, 1 – Dec, 15.