Applications for the Erasmus Mundus European Master in Lexicography (EMLex), otherwise the Erasmus Mundus EMLex Scholarship Program is now accepted. Students from all over the world are welcome to apply. Up to 32 scholarships are given yearly to successful applicants from amongst the pool of eligible applicants.
In order to participate in the Erasmus Mundus EMLex Scholarship programme, students have to submit an application. A total of 32 university places are provided per intake. Additionally, students are able to participate in the Erasmus Mundus EMLex master course on a self-financing basis if their application is successful. Students choosing this form of study will be reserved a place at the university of their first choice. Their semester abroad will be supported by Erasmus+.
The Erasmus Mundus EMLex Scholarship offers an excellent international programme of study which is globally unique and highly attractive due to various activities. The two-year programme gives students opportunity to spend the second semester together with all other students at one university, which changes every year. The summer term 2023 will be at KRE in Budapest, the summer term 2024 at the University Hildesheim in Germany. On request, it is possible to study at a third university of the EMLex consortium in the third semester. In the 1st and 4th semester studies take place at the so-called home university. Erasmus Mundus applicants have the opportunity to name their preferred choices for their home university; the selection committee distributes the applicants equally to the partner universities.
See Also: MaMaSELF Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- contribution to subsistence costs: 1,000 € per month for the entire duration of the EMLex study programme (24 months maximum)
- contribution to travel and installation costs: for scholarship holders resident in a programme country: 1,000 € per year for travel costs, for scholarship holders resident in a partner country whose location is situated at less than 4,000 km from the coordinating institution (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg): 2,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs, for scholarship holders resident in a partner country whose location is situated at 4,000 km or more from the coordinating institution (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg): 3,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs
- The scholarship also includes participation costs for the EMJMD-EMLex (see point 2 for details). These participation costs cover all additional costs which occur during your studies. They particularly include tuition fees, health insurance, library costs, administrative costs, cultural events.
Level and Area of Studies
Master’s degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Europe.
Eligibility and Criteria
Scholarship holders and students on a self-financing basis are selected for the Erasmus Mundus EMLex Scholarship programme on the basis of their performance and excellence in their previous studies. All applications are first screened for fulfilling the following eligibility criteria:
- having met the application deadline
- completeness of the application
- proof of the necessary language proficiency
- completion of a first HEI degree
International students are invited to apply for the Erasmus Mundus EMLex Scholarship programme.
July 15, each year.