The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant Programme is now open. Applications are expected from students or artists who do painting, drawing, figurative style of engraving, and sculpture. They must be in the early or developmental stage of their career. Minimum 18 years of age is also reuired.
The winner of the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant will receive CAD $15,000 to CAD $18,000
Level and Area of Studies
Degree and non-degree programme in Arts (painting, drawing, sculpture or peintmaking).
Place of Study
Eligibility and Criteria
- The applicants for the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant should be in the early or developmental stage of their career.
- The candidates should do painting, drawing, figurative style of engraving, and sculpture.
- The applicants should show that they will make a career in these areas.
- The candidates should be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicants who have already received the scholarship can apply for the second and third year after one year of their previous grant.
- The candidates whose application has been rejected can apply after two years.
- Those who work in the abstract or non-representational domain are not eligible.
- The applicants who are photographers, graphic designers, and illustrators, animation designers, cartoonists, artisans, filmmakers, videographers, or commercial artists are not eligible.
There is no nationality restriction to apply this Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant.
To apply, applicants must provide the documents as follow:
- The candidates applying for the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant should submit a portfolio containing six images of representative works which are original and be replicated on a USB or CD in the required format. Those who are reapplying should submit new images, not the ones submitted previously.
- The applicants should submit a description of the artistic project, identity proof, proof of acceptance from the university or institution where they intend to study or continue to study.
- The candidates should also submit artistic approach, budget, and a recommendation letter.