The Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Africa is open for short visits to researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa who seek an enabling environment suitable to complete their works and with the guidance of professionals. The scholars are to be sponsored to Europe. Applications from interested candidates are accepted until early April.
Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short–term visits (generally 1 to max. 3 months) to young African researchers in higher education institutions from Sub–Saharan Africa.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in this edition of the scholarship programme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- Charles University (Czech Republic)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
- University of Turku (Finland)
- Scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in the programme.
- Enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them establish academic and research contacts in Europe.
Level and Areas of Study
The opportunity is for doctoral/postdoctoral researchers in various disciplines.
Place of Study
The Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme will take place at selected higher education institutions in Europe.
To be eligible for Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Be born on or after 1 January 1978.
- Be nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub–Saharan Africa.
- Be current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub–Saharan Africa.
- Be preferably of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
- Be in possession of an acceptance letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
- Use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process.
- Apply for one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
- Submit all information in English only.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply and will be prioritised.
Eligible applicants for Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Africa are to complete an online application and attach supporting documents.
Submission Deadline: April 7.