The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) is delighted to invite applications for the ISN Fellowship Program. Candidates should be the citizens or living in a developing country. He or she must be minimum 30 years of age. The winning fellows will participate in hands-on training in the relevant subject. To apply, entries must be submitted by May 1st or October 1st.
The ISN Fellowship program provides relevant and contemporary nephrology training to physicians from emerging countries, with the ultimate goal of improving the standards of care in the fellows’ home countries upon their return and to help them become leaders in their fields. Since its foundation, the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) has pursued the worldwide advancement of education, science and patient care in nephrology.
There is no detail information. Please contact the employer for further information.
See Also: UNESCO Mid-Level Professionals Programme
Level and Area of Studies
Training program in advanced host institutions, allowing them to acquire state-of-the-art knowledge in basic and clinical nephrology, dialysis, transplantation, and epidemiology. The training focuses on providing the exact skills and knowledge specifically required by the home institution.
Place of Study
At any ISN member host institution.
Eligibility and Criteria
If applicants can answer positively all these questions, applicants are ready to proceed with their application.
- At least 30 years of age? (If applicants are over 40, they may only apply for a short-term fellowship – even so over 45 years, applicants may not be successful).
- Applicants living and working in a developing country? (low or medium economy according to the World Bank criteria).
- Have applicants received basic training in nephrology in their home country?
- Are they nominated by a Home Mentor and their Home Institution who guarantees they reemployment once training has been completed?
- Can you be recommended by two senior nephrologists in their home country?
- Are you endorsed by the national society of nephrology in your home country? If applicants are applying from a country where there is no nephrology practice, applicants can apply for a Fellowship training only if you have governmental or institutional support to set up a nephrology program upon their return.
- Have applicants identified an appropriate Host Mentor and Institution with whom they have agreed on a suitable training plan?
- Does applicants training plan reflect the skills and knowledge that are required by their Home Institution and which they can implement on their return?
- Can applicants understand and communicate in the host country’s language?
- Are they willing to guarantee their return to their home country within three months of completing the training? (Otherwise all funds received from ISN must be refunded).
Eligible candidates of the ISN Fellowship should the citizens or be currently working at the developing countries listed as follow:
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guinea, Guinea-Bisau, Haiti, Kenya, Korea, Dem Rep., Kyrgyz Republic, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Armenia, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Kosovo, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Timor-Leste, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Fiji, Gabon, Grenada, Hungry, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Namibia, Palau, Panama, Peru, Romania, Serbia, Seychelles, South Africa, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu and Venezuela.
Application can made through the online system at the link below.
There two deadline for this ISN Fellowship Program i.e. May 1st or October 1st.