Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates around the globe for the Charles Bullard Fellowship in Forest Reserve at Harvard University. The Fellowship carries stipend up to USD 60,000 per award plus reimbursement of travel costs and other expenses. Applications from interested candidates should be sent forward before October.
The Charles Bullard fellowship program supports advanced research and study by individuals who show promise of making an important contribution, either as scholars or administrators, to forestry and forest-related subjects including biology, earth sciences, economics, politics, administration, philosophy, humanities, the arts, or law.
Research areas include forest ecology, tree physiology, soil biogeochemistry and microbial ecology, forest resource management, conservation and biodiversity, land use planning, and public policy. Fellowships are occasionally awarded in the arts and environmental humanities. Please note that proposals in the arts and humanities must demonstrate a strong connection to the research at Harvard Forest.
Check Also: Harvard Academy Scholars Program in USA
- Stipends up to 60,000 US Dollars
- Travel costs
- $500 for related Bullard Fellowship activities
Level and Areas of Study
The fellowship opportunity is for postgraduates in fields related to Forestry.
Place of Study
The program will take place at the Harvard University in USA.
In order to be eligible for the Charles Bullard Fellowship, intending candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- Applicants must be mid-career individuals who have established themselves in academia, public service, or in the private sector.
- For those in academic careers, preference is ordinarily given to holders of doctoral degrees, but others whose projects show promise of important contributions to forestry and forest studies, broadly defined, will be considered in terms of the likelihood that study and research at Harvard will help fulfill this promise.
- Applicant must show professional accomplishments, excellent academic record, and potential benefits from interaction with the Harvard Forest community and its institutional resources.
Interested applicants for the Charles Bullard Fellowship are to complete an online application which includes the following:
- A completed web-based application form
- Contact information for 3 references who can give a perspective on the applicant’s proposed program and their personal and professional qualifications for carrying it out. Recommenders should submit their recommendation letters for the 2023-2024 program via the secure online application system by October 15, 2022 (a 2 week grace period post deadline).
- A statement of research describing the applicant’s professional career to date, proposing a research program at Harvard and evaluating this program in terms of its potential contribution to the applicant’s future professional career (5 page single spaced maximum is requested).
- CV (no more than 5 pages) including the following:
- Colleges and universities; dates of attendance and degrees received
- Professional positions held since graduating college
- Academic prizes and honors, if any
- Significant books, articles, reports, etc.
- Significant education and outreach activities (NSF calls these “synergistic activities”)
- Artists should provide a link to an on-line portfolio of their work
Submission Deadline: October 1.