Applications are hereby invited by the C.V. Raman International Fellowship from suitably qualified African researchers who wish to conduct collaborative research in various areas of science and technology. The fellowship is to provide over monthly 40,000 Indian Rupees as sustenance allowance for the scholars during the research. Interested candidates are urged to apply now.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI), through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) launched the C.V. Raman Fellowship Programme for African Researchers under the India-Africa Forum Summit to promote human capacity building through scientific and technological cooperation and strengthen the bond between Africa and India.
Check Also: Wadsworth African Fellowships Programmes
The benefits of the C.V. Raman Fellowship Programme include:
- Sustenance Allowance
- Doctoral/Postdoctoral Fellowship (6 months): Rs 40,000/month
- Visiting Fellowship (3 months): Rs 50,000/month
- Senior Fellowship (1 month): Rs 50,000/month
- Contingency Grant
- Doctoral/Postdoctoral Fellowship: Rs 20,000/-
- Visiting Fellowship: Rs 10,000/-
- Senior Fellowship: Rs 10,000 + local travel grant (up to max. Rs 30,000)
Level and Areas of Study
The offer is for postgraduate researchers in the fields of Science and Technology.
Place of Study
The programme will be held at universities and institutions in India.
To be eligible for the C.V. Raman International Fellowship, the applicant must be actively engaged in a research work in an African university or research institution and should meet the following eligibility criteria for each of the three categories:
Doctoral/Postgraduate Fellowship: Completed/pursuing a PhD degree in any recognised university or institution in Africa.
Visiting Fellowship: Ph.D/ M.Tech / M.Sc (Eng/Technical) or 4-6 years research/technical experience.
Senior Fellowship: Senior Experts/ Scientists/ Professors.
See Also: Afox Visiting Fellowship Program for African Students in UK
Successful applicants for the C.V. Raman Fellowship Programme are required to finalize their duration of stay in India in consultation with their respective host scientists and promptly inform FICCI through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following required documents are to be submitted:
- Application Form duly filled
- Letter of Consent by applicant’s proposed host
- Letter of Recommendation/Reference from applicant’s current employer
- Copy of research/training plan in India, approved by the proposed host
- Copy of applicant’s highest educational qualification
- Photocopy of applicant’s valid passport, showing picture, passport number and other personal details
Submission Deadline: October 30.