The ARIPO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) invites applications from African graduates of its Member States for a two-year fellowship. Candidates will be given monthly stipends, travel support, leave allowances, medical insurance and one-off grant. Interested persons are encouraged to send forward their applications before the deadline.
The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) YPP is a well-structured unique on-the-job learning and development programme aimed at grooming and nurturing high-potential young professionals from diverse academic backgrounds in the technical aspects of Intellectual Property (IP), as well as leadership and administrative roles, and empowering them to contribute to the socio-economic growth and development of Africa.
- Monthly stipend of US$2,500.
- Once-off settling-in grant of an amount equivalent to one month’s stipend, on appointment.
- Free travel (to the host country) on appointment and (to home country) on completion of the programme.
- Medical Aid (80% employer and 20% participant).
- Annual leave, sick leave and compassionate leave.
- Group Life, Funeral and Accident Cover.
- Once-off repatriation grant of an amount equivalent of one month’s stipend on completion of the programme.
Level and Areas of Study
The opportunity is for graduates in various areas of study.
Place of Study
The two-year Young Professionals Programme (YPP) will take place at the ARIPO Headquarters in Harare, Zimbabwe.
To be eligible for the ARIPO Young Professionals Programme (YPP), applicants must fulfil the following the requirements:
- First Degree in Law (LLB), Botany, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering,
Economics, and Statistics obtained not more than five years prior to the date
- Planning, and problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Strong digital literacy
- Not more than 28 years of age at the time of application.
Applicants for the ARIPO YPP for African Graduates should submit an application letter addressed to The Director General of ARIPO, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity document/passport, and a recent passport-size photograph saved as a single PDF to email@example.com not later than 10 March.