Applications are invited from scholars around the world for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship in the Netherlands. The program covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other learning costs. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
The scholarships are awarded based on merit and cover for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes). Therefore, students who are awarded an AMS are expected to complete their first year of study with good results (at least 40 ECTS) in order to receive the scholarship for the second year as well.
The Amsterdam Merit Scholarship covers the tuition fee and part of living expenses.
Level and Areas of Study
The offer is for undergraduates and postgraduates in Science and other related areas of study.
Place of Study
The scholarship program will take place at the University of Amsterdam in Netherlands.
In order to be eligible for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship must:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA.
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA.
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago.
- Application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is part of the application procedure for the Master’s programme of your choice. On your application form, we ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. Please check this box if you want to be considered and if you fulfill all requirements mentioned above.
- Furthermore, you should include a paragraph in your motivation letter in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and what it would mean for your future academic career.
- After applying, the coordinators of the Programmes decide which students qualify to apply for the scholarship. All students will be informed as soon as possible.
Submission Deadline: The deadline for application is 15 January.