The World Press Institute (WPI) is delighted to invite applications for the WPI Fellowship Program. This call is targeted to any experienced journalist from all nations other than the United States. Leadership potential is also a primary requirement.
Becoming a WPI Fellow is a competitive process. Each year hundreds of talented journalists apply for 10 slots. A selection committee of seasoned journalists and corporate communications specialists, all with international experience, chooses among the best of the best.
WPI pays the following program expenses:
- Transportation: Roundtrip airfare to the United States and Travel within the United States related to the WPI program.
- Food: Fellows receive a modest daily allowance to purchase food.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in journalism.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
- At least five years of full-time employment in print, broadcast or online journalism.
- Those who supervise journalists are eligible if they also have at least five years as a working journalist.
- Any journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count toward experience. Those who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible.
- Must be currently employed as a non-U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Potential for leadership.
All nationalities except USA are welcome to apply.
October every year.