The World Intellectual Property Organization introduced the WIPO Global Awards as an annual award seeking to identify and promote small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) candidates from around the world that use intellectual property (IP)-backed innovation and creativity in an exceptional manner to achieve business goals and improve society. Do you fall in this category? Apply now!
WIPO Global Awards celebrates exceptional enterprises and individuals who are making smart use of intellectual property for commercialization while also bringing positive contributions to the society through their innovation and creativity.
The award is an annual competition, and is open for self-nomination to applicants from around the world and from all industries. The inaugural phase has started with enterprises, but there are two other award categories planned for women and youth.
The nomination process seeks to identify inventors, creators and entrepreneurs using intellectual property (IP) rights to achieve their business goals and whose skills, technological developments, and creative content contribute to progress and improve other people’s lives.
Award winners are selected by a diverse, independent international jury with a unique expertise in IP, innovation, the creative industries, investment and business.
WIPO Global Awards Benefits
- International promotion, recognition, and visibility.
- Travel to Geneva to attend the awards ceremony and other networking events.
- A personalized mentorship program to achieve new business goals and facilitate access to funding and partnership opportunities.
See Also: Human Rights LL.M. Fellowship at Columbia Law School, USA
What WIPO Does
WIPO helps governments, businesses and society realize the benefits of IP by providing:
- a policy forum to shape balanced international IP rules for a changing world;
- global services to protect IP across borders and to resolve disputes;
- technical infrastructure to connect IP systems and share knowledge;
- cooperation and capacity-building programs to enable all countries to use IP for economic, social and cultural development;
- a world reference source for IP information.
To be eligible to apply for the WIPO Global Awards, enterprises and individuals should:
- Be engaged in innovative and creative activities of SMEs that have used IP rights to develop solutions that have made a positive contribution to society, economically, socially, or culturally.
- Be self-nominated, and from any industry.
- Be from any part of the world.
Also Check: United Nations Immersion Programme, Geneva
To apply for the WIPO Global Awards, candidate should please visit the official application site using the link below, watch the video on the page, and click on the “Apply Now” tab to apply.