DeepMind Scholarship for Postgraduate Study at University of Birmingham is open to talented students seeking to take the next step towards fulfilling their ambitions of a career in some of the most innovative and sought-after areas of industry and research. The scholars will be fully funded to the UK for advanced degree study. Applications are hereby invited from interested students.
The School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham is thrilled to announce scholarships generously funded by DeepMind, that are open to applicants currently holding either a conditional offer or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning .
The University of Birmingham, with support from DeepMind, is committed to increasing accessibility to and enhancing diversity of underrepresented groups in computer science. Our MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a fantastic opportunity for students with a passion and interest in AI to pursue an exciting and rewarding career.
The available scholarships are valued at £34,225 for UK students and valued at £52,565 each for International Students, and is applied against:
- UK tuition fees – £10,980/International tuition fees – £27,540
- A maintenance grant of £19,345 (to use for living costs), paid in instalments over the duration of the course
- Funding of up to £2,200 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or Machine Learning during the course as well as £1,700 towards purchase of essential equipment (suitable laptop etc.).
- £1,870 to assist with relocation expenses (for Foreign Students)
Level and Areas of Study
The offer is towards a Masters Degree in fields related to AI, Machine Learning and Computer Science.
Place of Study
The scholarship programme is to take place at the University of Birmingham in UK.
To be eligible, applicants wishing to apply for the DeepMind Scholarship for Postgraduate Study should meet one OR both of the following criteria:
- Identify as female OR Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicity.
Applicants must also:
- Be able to demonstrate (if required) that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance.
- Have already received a conditional/unconditional offer to study the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham.
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and would be classified as UK for fee paying purposes, OR be classed as an international student for fee paying purposes.
Applicants are required to apply online first for conditional/unconditional offer of an admission into eligible course at University of Birmingham before keying into this scholarship award.
The application deadline for submission is 4th June.