USAID is inviting applications for the USAID Digital Development Awards (the Digis) from Stakeholders and professionals in the Digital Ecosystem. This award is geared towards promoting digital technology and strengthening open, secure, and inclusive digital ecosystems, thereby empowering people, stakeholders and communities to use digital technology to access services, engage with each other, or pursue economic opportunities.
The USAID Digital Development Awards (the Digis) is an effort to recognize USAID Missions, Bureaus, and implementing partners that are helping countries and communities work toward sustainable growth and resilience. USAID is working toward a future where digital technology promotes inclusive growth, fosters resilient and democratic societies, and empowers everyone, including the most vulnerable and marginalized.
The Digis recognize and celebrate USAID projects and activities that embrace the Agency’s strategic goals of improving development and humanitarian assistance outcomes through the use of digital technology and strengthening open, secure, and inclusive digital ecosystems.
These ecosystems can help drive economic empowerment and financial inclusion, advance national security, support accountability and transparency in governance, and make development and humanitarian assistance more efficient and effective.
See Also: NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program
Awardees will receive Agency-wide recognition and public visibility for their groundbreaking work to include:
- Time with a local photographer/interviewer who will work with you to capture the story of your project through visual and written communications materials
- A profile in a Digital Development Awards booklet
- A feature story on the USAID Exposure or Medium platform
- Social media coverage
- A physical trophy and Certificate of Appreciation (to be presented at a virtual awards ceremony attended by leaders from the digital development community)
The Digis will be awarded to USAID-funded projects and activities that have:
- Directly deployed a digital technology or suite of technologies.
- Provided support to digital ecosystem actors to extend digital technology access and/or uptake. Digital Ecosystem Actors include – technology providers, financial service providers, government agencies, civil society organizations, or other entities that are either deploying digital technology solutions or developing policies/regulations that enable increased access and uptake.
- All USAID staff and implementing partners working on a USAID-funded project are encouraged to apply, regardless of the size, region, or portfolio of the activity. Implementing partners should consult with the appropriate USAID point of contact before submitting an application.
- USAID-funded partners from the private sector, as well as those who are considered to be “new partners,” “non-traditional partners,” or “local partners” are strongly encouraged to submit applications.
Check Also: Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship
- Applications are due by June 3, 2022.
- Before you start your application, please review review this questionnaire.
Check out how the Digis Awards relate to the Digital Strategy and the Criteria for judgement on the Official Application page.