The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals is now open. Students from eligible developing countries are invited to apply. They must be applying for a masters degree program in any eligible subject at a Swedish university. Typically, this scholarship is fully funded program.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities in the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
The scholarship covers all of the relevant expenses:
- Full tuition fee coverage: The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant: This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine,the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals(NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in any eligible field.
Place of study
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals can be taken at any accredited institution in Sweden.
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships (see official website for list of countries). However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 of March 2023.
Master’s programmes: The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
Previous experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
If you are eligible you will have to apply for a master’s programmme at a Swedish University and then apply for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals. Please see the detail instruction of application process at the link (below).
A complete application consists of:
- CV (SI-template coming soon)
- Letters of reference (SI-template coming soon)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (SI-template coming soon)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
28 February (Updated Yearly).