The Royal Academy of Engineering invites applications for the RAEng APEX Awards Programme. This invitation is intended to any exceptional researcher who wish to conduct research at a UK University or not-for-profit research institution in the UK. The awardees receive full funding of up to £100,000 to fund the costs of the research programme.
RAEng APEX Awards: In partnership with the British Academy, the Royal Society and the Royal Academy of Engineering (‘the Academies’) and with generous support from the Leverhulme Trust, the APEX award (Academies Partnership in Supporting Excellence in Cross-disciplinary research award) scheme offers established independent researchers, with a strong track record in their respective area, an exciting opportunity to pursue genuine interdisciplinary and curiosity-driven research to benefit wider society.
- An award of up to £100,000 to fund staff costs of which no more than 25% may be used for associated research costs.
- This can include consumables, equipment, collaborative travel expenses.
- Costs of a teaching replacement to relieve the applicant and/or collaborator from some of their teaching and administrative duties.
- Grants can be held for up to 24 months.
Level and Area of Studies
The RAEng APEX Awards is a cross-disciplinary Research program in the fields of engineering, humanities and social sciences.
Place of Study
The RAEng APEX Awards study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An exceptional researcher with a strong track record as an established independent researcher (this can include engineering researchers, humanities and social sciences scholars and scientists).
- Based at a UK University or not-for-profit research institution for at least the duration of the project.
- Applicants will be expected to collaborate with a research partner from a different discipline from their own or a different university in the UK.
There is no nationality restriction.
Application Procedure | RAEng APEX Awards
How-To-Apply: Please follow the instructions on the application page to apply.