The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program is now open for applications to young professionals from around the globe who are making interested in career in global development to apply. Applicants should be recent graduates who are interested in understanding OPEC’s strategic operations and the vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development. The program seeks applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development, and who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience. You should have the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress.
See Also: OPEC Fund Internship Program in Austria
What To Expect
The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program:
- offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different fields of work and to access professional networks. The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
- will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments / units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
- participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, a wide range of relevant learning and developmental opportunities, rotation among different departments and benefit from a coaching/mentoring arrangement.
- participants who have successfully completed the two-year program may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
Eligible OPEC Fund’s Young Professional must:
- Be an OPEC Fund Member Country national.
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of application.
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university.
- Show Excellent Academic performance.
- Be fluent in English.
- Have Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline.
- Have Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution.
- Have an understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate.
- Show a Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program.
Those interested in the OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program should proceed to the official application site to get further information on the process required, and apply through the Online Application System. Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
To apply for this program, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts
Deadline for applications is September 30.