The Nipkow Program for Media Professionals in Germany is exclusively intended to film and television professionals in expanding their knowledge, experience, and contacts by providing unique support à la carte through project counselling tailored to meet the individual fellow’s needs and aspirations within a pan-European context and a synergistic network. Candidates from all over the world are welcome to apply.
The Nipkow Program for Media Professionals in Germany is a platform for Media professionals from all over the world such as writers, directors, producers and animators to submit their current feature film projects which they want to develop with the aid of the NIPKOW PROGRAMM through individual consultations with script consultants, potential producers/co-producers and through tailor-made workshops.
Selected participants are awarded a monthly grant of 1,500 Euros to allow them to concentrate exclusively on their work. Participants are expected to commit to working solely on their projects while in Berlin.
See Also: BETD Media Fellowship For Professionals
Level and Area of Studies
NIPKOW Program is a non-degree program in media fields.
Place of Study
In Berlin, Germany
Eligibility and Criteria
Your application for the Nipkow Program for Media Professionals will only be processed if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a professional writer, director, producer or animator (no students).
- You have completed a first feature length film (more than 70min.) either fiction, documentary, cross media or series. Applicants who have not completed a feature length film may qualify for consideration if they have had a short film awarded by the following major International Film Festivals: Berlin, Cannes, Locarno, Sundance, Toronto, Venice.
- The project with which you apply is a new feature-length project destined for theatrical release (fiction, documentary, animation). Drama series and cross media shall be destined for either TV or platforms like Netflix, HBO etc.
- Minimum a first draft of the script must be available in English. For documentary projects we require a developed treatment.
- A producer is already attached to the project.
- Two letters of recommendation from industry professionals.
- You submit a fully completed application entirely in English, including a sample of your previous work as well as a signed rights clearance, confirming that you own the copyright on the original material or an option in the case of a script based on literary material.
- The Submission Deadline is 9th January 2024 by midnight Berlin time.
There is no nationality restriction.
In order to apply for the Nipkow Program for Media Professionals in Germany, please follow the link below and create a new account:
Please consider the maximum length of your application material:
- Number of Characters (including spaces): Treatment: 30.000 / Director’s vision: 3.000 / Synopsis: 3.000 / Producer’s note: 3.000 / Producer’s company profile: 3.000
- Please note that you will find additional requirements specified in the application form.