Are you an aspiring media professional reporting on the energy transition? The German Government, through its Berlin Energy Media Dialogue invites you to participate in the BETD Media Fellowship. This is your opportunity to go beyond the scenes of the global energiewende – the berlin energy transition dialogue media fellowship 2023
On 28 – 29 March 2023, the German Government invites the world to its annual inspiring dialogue on the Global Energiewende, the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD), which has become the leading international forum on the green energy transformation. Every year, high-level participants from politics, industry, science and civil society gather in Berlin for two days to discuss the shift to a sustainable energy system. In 2022 the BETD took place as a hybrid conference with limited access. This year’s dialogue is planned to be held as a traditional on-site conference with a public stream of the ongoing program.
This BETD Media Fellowship allows young journalists from around the world to gather in the German capital in order to gain access to this exclusive conference, talk to high-level stakeholders from science, politics, industry and civil society as well as connect with other BETD Media Fellows.
The BETD Media Fellowship offers you an opportunity to:
- Become part of the BETD 2023 and to report on the discussions and proposed innovative energy solutions.
- Join in Berlin and look behind the scenes of the Global Energiewende.
Following parts are included in the fellowship program:
- travel & accommodation paid trip to Berlin for the BETD and Berlin Energy Week.
- active participation in the BETD.23
- press opportunities with high-level speakers, state representatives & other VIPs
- additional opportunity to participate in BETD side events such as guided tours, receptions, business-to-government formats & workshops.
- in-depth insight behind the scenes of the global energy transition.
- community building with former BETD media fellows.
- platform for all the media fellows’ articles about BETD.23
The BETD Media Fellowship is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in cooperation with Bundesverband Erneuerbare Energie (BEE) e.V. on behalf of the German Federal Foreign Office.
Goal of Fellowship
Your work and contribution to the BETD 2023 are of high value, as reporting on the international energy transition and raising awareness of the opportunities of renewable energy and energy efficiency are crucial to meet the Paris Climate Agreement’s targets.
Who can apply for the BETD Media Fellowship?
- The BETD Media Fellowship is directed at aspiring media professionals (journalists, influencers, bloggers, podcasters, and related professional groups) from all over the world, who are reporting on the global energy transition.
- Applicants should speak fluent English and provide examples of their work that demonstrate their journalistic abilities and interest in the energy transition.
- Additionally, applicants should check their Covid-19 travel restrictions on their own and confirm that they meet all conditions to travel to Germany.
Also Check: Knight Science Journalism Fellowship at MIT, USA
- To apply, please download the flyer on the BETD Media Fellowship 2023 on the official application page and fill accordingly.
- Submit all the relevant documents requested.
Deadline for Application: 15 January, 11:55 pm CET