Applications now open for the Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program from early and mid-career researchers who are dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide. They should be highly talented and innovative researchers who have obtained their PhD within the past 10 years, and who are willing to contribute to and to combine multiple levels of analysis as part of interdisciplinary approach towards this goal.
The award will be forwarded directly to the fellow’s institution and may be used by the fellow over a three-year period to cover a portion of the fellow’s salary and for any purpose in support of the fellow’s research. Applications closes January 21, 2024.
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program, a global fellowship program to promote research on child and youth development, is globally competitive for early and mid-career researchers whose work is dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide. The relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to, education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and science of learning.
Particularly encouraged to apply are scholars who seek to combine multiple levels of analysis and engage in interdisciplinary work. A special focus lies on work to understand and embrace variability in learning; promote the generation, transfer, and practical application of evidence on human learning and development or increase the capacity to scale up effective education policies and practices.
- Awardees receive Research grant up to CHF 150’000.
- However, here is provision for Additional funding –
- 10% amount in addition to the grant of CHF 150’000 (for a total of CHF 165’000).
- Fellows may apply for this additional funding at the end of the fellowship to conduct further projects with a focus on evidence to action and scientific capacity building.
- In addition to providing fellows with independent and competitive funding, the program offers a wide range of non-financial benefits.
Number of Fellowships Per Year
Up to 12
The ideal candidate for the Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program:
- has obtained his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- is employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- is conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- is committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
The following selection criteria are weighted equally:
- Past research accomplishments and publication record.
- Creativity and potential for serving as a leader in the scientific community.
- Scientific quality of methods and data.
- International relevance of the fellow’s planned work.
- Potential for promoting human development and learning.
- Alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation.
- Willingness to support the Foundation’s aims and to engage with us
Also Check: RIFS Fellows Programme in Germany
To apply for the Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program, please use the application below to read other instruction before you apply.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2024