The Fyssen Foundation now offers opportunity for International Researchers through the Fyssen Foundation Postdoctoral Grant, France to French or foreign researchers, holders of a foreign PhD and who wish to achieve their project in a Laboratory in France; or either French or foreign researchers who are holders of a French PhD and wishing to achieve their project in a Laboratory abroad and overseas researchers.
The foundation provides up to 40,000 euros per year for each of the winners of this award. The selected scholars will spend up 12 months working in a laboratory in France or abroad.
The Fyssen Foundation Postdoctoral Grant is available for postdoctoral researchers, working on research disciplines such as Ethology, Paleontology, Archaeology, Anthropology, Psychology, Epistemology, Logic and the Sciences of nervous system. These grants are awarded to French or foreign researchers, holders of a foreign PhD and who wish to achieve their project in a Laboratory in France; or either French or foreign researchers holders of a French PhD who wish to achieve their project in a Laboratory abroad (excluded origin country and de co-tutorship).
The successful applicants of the Fyssen Foundation Grant may expect to receive maximum 40,000 euros, intended to cover expenses of hosting, stay and health insurance.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research program in the field of Ethology, Paleontology, Archaeology, Anthropology, Psychology, Epistemology, Logic and the Sciences of nervous system.
Place of Study
At any laboratory in France and abroad
Eligibility and Criteria
The interested candidates are expected to meet all of the following criteria:
- Its first post-doctoral fellowship with this financial support.
- If the recipient has already reached its host lab, he should be settled for no more than 3 months maximum at the date of September 1st of application year.
- Be 35 year old maximum on the closing day of the call.
- Be a holder of a PhD of less than two years on September 1st of the year of application, or achieve its viva thesis on December 31st of the year of application at the latest. The applicant should have achieved its PhD before starting the fellowship.
- Regarding the host laboratories located in France : the recipient hosted within a framework of a fixed-term contract will have to make sure that a convention of co-financing can be signed between the Foundation and the laboratory to reach the level of the gross salary.
French and overseas researchers are welcome to apply.
Duration of the grant
Grants are allocated from 12 months, not renewable, or 24 months subject to the approval of the Scientific committee after examination of a report at the end of first year.
The Post doctoral fellowship will start on September 1st of the application year the earliest and at the latest on January of the following year.
To apply this Fyssen Foundation Postdoctoral Grant, the applicants are required to provide all of the documents stated below:
- Complete an online application form
- An invitation letter of the host laboratory
- The receipt of the online application will be notified by an email confirmation.
31st March yearly.