The Open World™ Accelerator program is open for application to interested participants who are innovative and tech-enabled startups, small and medium businesses to showcase their capabilities and contribute towards advancing innovation and increasing access in the travel industry. Participants from around the world are invited, and the application deadline is October 21, 2022.
Expedia Group is excited to launch the Open World™ Accelerator, an initiative designed to advance innovation in the travel industry by helping startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs) fast-track their growth, and innovate on its purpose-built Open World™ technology platform.
BENEFITS | Open World™ Accelerator Program
- Access to Expedia Group insights and tech to accelerate your organic growth and product development including access to Expedia Group products such as: Travel Agent Affiliate Program, Media Solutions, Affiliate Hub.
- Knowledge Development through Regular coaching and mentoring sessions by Expedia Group and external traveltech experts, in addition to workshops to advance both product and business roadmaps.
- Networking Opportunities where participants will connect with a community of like-minded travel tech innovators and participate in two in-person events: (1) Program Opening at Expedia Group’s HQ in January 2023, and (2) Program Closure/Demo Day in May 2023. Travel for both in-person events will be covered by Expedia Group.
- Brand Exposure through Expedia Group press, social media, and website amplification will boost your visibility in industry and investment communities.
- Access to up to $20,000 USD non-equity grant per selected participant company.
- Partnership Opportunities to explore potential commercial and/or tech partnerships with Expedia Group.
See Also: Wikimedia Community Fund | Research Funding for Positive Change
What To Expect
The six-month, non-equity remote accelerator is open for startups and SMBs around the world, and features two programs:
Impact Program: Tying into the Open World™ social impact and sustainability strategy, this program aims to empower startups and SMBs in the travel and hospitality ecosystem using the Expedia Group platform.
Theme: Increase access for underserved travelers; making travel more open and accessible
Co-Development Program: Fast-track new platform capabilities through co-development with selected startups and SMBs on Expedia’s Open World™ platform.
If you are a startup or SMB meeting these criteria, we invite you to apply for the Open World™ Accelerator Program:
- Tech or tech-enabled and must have at least a have a product or service built to the MVP (minimum viable product) stage.
- Incorporated in the last 10 years or less.
- Have a mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry
The Expedia Group is committed to diversifying the travel ecosystem and highly encourage startups and SMBs with underrepresented founders/leaders to apply.
Check Also: Google for Africa Business Event 2022
To apply, click on the “APPLY NOW” button on the official application page and supply all the required information and supportive documents. The applications for the Open World™ Accelerator Program will be reviewed by a diverse selection committee.