Applications are invited from young African graduates for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy. The scholars are to receive full funding for a master’s degree in sustainable energy sector at selected universities in West Africa. Interested applicants are urged to apply now.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme provides scholarships for masters’ degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialised universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
See Also: UAE Nuclear Energy Scholarship Program
- Tuition fee
- Subsistence stipend
- Travel fare
- Research grant
Level and Areas of Study
The offer is for graduates in fields related to renewable energy.
Place of Study
The scholarship program will be held at selected Universities in West Africa.
To be eligible for EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy, applicants must:
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division).
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university.
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage.
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval.
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme.
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Immediately after the application form has been submitted, successful applicants will be required to provide the following documents for validation:
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained, and
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
Submission Deadline: The application deadline varies with the country.