The applications for E4D Continuing Education Scholarships are now accepted. This scholarship open to students from dev. countries who will be undertaking PhD program in Engineering for development studies.
Two best applicants will be selected to receive full funding to cover round trip of 2’000 CHF, visa fees, living allowance and tuition of 660 CHF each. Application deadline is 30 April on annual basis.
The E4D Continuing Education Scholarships program aims at promoting the development of products or methods, which are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries. It awards the recipients full funding per year with an amount of 2’000 CHF Economy round trip ticket, tuition per semester of 660 CHF each, visa fees and living allowances also included. The scholarships are funded by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
Check Also: UEA School of International Development Scholarship, UK
- Each of the winners of E4D Continuing Education Scholarships will have the following expenses covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate):
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the program
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
Level and Area of Studies
This Sawiris Foundation foundation scholarship support PhD program in the field of Engineering for development.
Place of Study
At ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The requirements for doctoral studies at ETH Zurich have to be fulfilled.
- The research topic is innovative and relevant for development.
- The expected impact for the intended target group is high.
- The project is conducted with (a) partner(s) in a developing country.
Students from developing countries are welcome to apply.
Recommended: Joint Japan-World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
To apply, the candidate has to submit a concept note, a CV, certificates and transcripts and all the supporting documents through the Online Application Link.
30 April each year.