The DSM Brighter Living Scholarship is now open for applications to young innovative entrepreneurs with experience in an agri-food business to apply. Candidates who are aged between 18 to 30 will be fully sponsored to attend a One Young World Summit holding in Belfast, UK in October. Only candidates making positive impacts in one of the three scholarship focus areas are eligible to apply.
The Brighter Living Foundation, officially established the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship in 2018 at the initiative of Royal DSM. The Foundation is an independent charity that supports the health of people and the planet, in line with DSM’s purpose of creating brighter lives for all and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The DSM Brighter Living Scholarship is offering four impactful young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023, which takes place in Belfast, United Kingdom, from 2 – 5 October.
The scholarship will be fully funded.
The Brighter Living Foundation.
Place of Study
One Young World, Belfast, UK.
The Brighter Living Scholarship is intended for candidates who:
- Are aged 18 – 30.
- Reside in Africa, Asia-Pacific or Latin America.
- Have 3 – 5 years’ experience in an agri-food business, preferably running their food business.
- Are making a positive impact in one of the three scholarship focus areas. See below for more information on the focus areas.
The DSM Brighter Living Foundation | One Young World Scholarship will support young entrepreneurs who are making a local or global impact on agri-food systems in one of three focus areas:
- Health for the Planet: Candidates applying for the scholarship through this focus area should be actively making an impact to decrease the environmental footprint of local and global agri-food systems.
- Health for People: Candidates applying for the scholarship through this focus area should be actively working to increase the availability of high-quality affordable and aspirational nutritious foods in low and middle-income countries.
- Healthy Livelihoods: Candidates applying for the scholarship through this focus area should be actively making an impact to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
Also Check: Green Alley Award for Start-Up Entrepreneurs
Eligible candidates for the Brighter Living Scholarship are to apply online using the Application tab on the official application web page.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2023.