The ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship is open to young scientists and scholars from developing countries all over the World, who seek to advance their knowledge and careers in their fields. The awardees will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years. Interested candidates should send forward their applications.
According to an agreement between the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 40 students/scholars from developing countries will be fully funded for this program.
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit, non-governmental international organization founded in 2018, with the goal of training and cultivating young scientists from all over the world. This year, a sub-category of the ANSO Scholarship: the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship is being officially launched.
See Also: UNESCO Graduate Internship Programme
The Scholarship program covers the following:
- Tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend: 6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month, up to 48 months
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- International one-trip travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China
- One-time visa
Level and Areas of Study
The offer is for a PhD programme in Science-related fields.
Place of Study
The program will take place at University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS).
To be considered eligible for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Eligible applicants should NOT hold Chinese citizenship;
- Eligible applicants must be nationals of eligible developing countries in the South (See list).
- Applicants should not exceed 35 years in age.
- Eligible applicants should be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For PhD program applicants: you should be born after 1st January 1988 (inclusive);
- Eligible applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Eligible applicants should NOT take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If the applicant is currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, s/he will NOT be eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship. Otherwise, s/he will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to the current university/institution.
- Applications from women are strongly encouraged.
You are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
Submission Deadline: February 15.