Applications for the ACU Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants are now open to member universities who seek support for initiatives addressing climate resilience. The staff members are to be awarded up to £2,500 to aid in the costs of organising projects. Interested applicants are urged to opt in before the deadline.
Open to academic and professional staff, the ACU Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants support collaborative work focused on either of the two main strategic priorities of the Commonwealth Climate Resilience Network (CCRN):
- Enhancing the climate resilience of universities themselves, and/or
- Enhancing universities’ contribution to the resilience of communities, business and government
The Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants can be used for a diverse range of projects, workshops and events in areas such as:
- Improving learning, teaching, and training for climate change adaptation – e.g. virtual exchange or collaboration, teaching or professional practice collaboration and sharing and co-development of learning materials.
- Increasing the research capacity of CCRN members in climate change adaptation – e.g. virtual fellowships or collaboration, comparative analyses, research management and uptake capacity building, understanding and documenting indigenous knowledge and resilience practices.
- Improving institutional resilience policies and practice adopted by Commonwealth universities – e.g. developing tools, training and approaches to support contingency and continuity of operations planning at higher education institutions.
To date, the grants have funded a diverse range of climate action projects in universities across the Commonwealth.
Grants of up to GBP 2,500 each are available for staff at ACU member universities to help meet the costs of organising projects that promote the aims and priorities of the CCRN.
To be eligible for the ACU Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants, applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Open to Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) members and encourage applicants to collaborate with other ACU member institutions to promote further Commonwealth partnerships.
- Also accepted are applications that are led by ACU members, but are in partnership with institutions outside of our network.
- Grant applications that allow matching or additional funds from the applicant’s institution will be looked upon favourably.
Eligible and interested applicants for the ACU grants are required to apply online for the offer.
Grantees are required to submit a short interim report halfway through their project and a comprehensive final report within one month after completing their project. Additionally, any outputs (e.g. toolkits, papers etc.) developed through the grants are to be made available to the CCRN and wider ACU network.
Submission Deadline: Apply for the ACU Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants by March 16.