Udacity and Microsoft have teamed up to offer 150 fully-funded s Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarships to achieve two big goals. First, we want to increase the number of professionals with Microsoft Azure AI engineering skills and prepare them to pass the Microsoft Certification. More importantly, we hope to expand the diversity of individuals with Microsoft skills, particularly women and people identifying as Black or Hispanic. We have two separate tracks for this program—a foundational program for beginners and a more advanced practitioner program—so learners at all levels are encouraged to apply.
The Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarships has two main tracks. They are:
Foundational Track: Data Analysis and Visualization using Microsoft Power BI
An opportunity to break into the tech industry and meet the growing demand for data analysis and visualization professionals by gaining the Power BI skills that top companies want. Women and individuals who identify as Black or Hispanic are encouraged to apply.
Practitioner Track: AI Engineer using Microsoft Azure
Your chance to level up your employable digital skills—advance your career with Microsoft Azure.
- You will work on real-world projects with the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts to build your portfolio.
- Throughout your journey, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get support from mentors and fellow learners, along with building a strong industry network.
- Graduates from both tracks have the opportunity to take the related Microsoft Certification exam at no cost.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. We encourage individuals at any skill level to apply.
Data Analysis and Visualization using Microsoft Power BI prerequisites include:
- Basics for Microsoft Excel
- Must pass a short examination to be considered.
- Learners will need a Windows operating system, and will need to download and install free Power BI Desktop software.
AI Engineer using Microsoft Azure prerequisites include:
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Ability to navigate Azure portal
- Familiarity with Azure data sources
- Knowledge of JSON REST
- Ability to use APIs in application development
- Must pass a technical examination to be considered.
There are 150 Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarships available. Winners will be announced on April 22, 2022, and will have full access to the Nanodegree program content on April 26, 2022. Scholarship recipients must begin and make progress in their course by the 4th week of the program, or they will be removed.
Submit your application between March 15, 2022, through April 18, 2022.
Those selected as one of 50 scholarship recipients will begin their chosen Nanodegree program. During your learning journey, you will have the opportunity to participate in networking and mentoring sessions to learn industry best practices and more.
Upon successful completion, Microsoft is offering graduates of both tracks certification codes so that they can sign up for their respective certifications ($165 value) at no cost. Build an impressive resume and portfolio with the certification and real-world projects from the program.