The TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships application is now open for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
- BIOTEC is seeking 1 position for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, biosensors technology.
- BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The language of instruction is English.
Level and Area of Study
Postdoctoral in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, biosensors technology, or related disciplines.
Fields of Fellowships available
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, biosensors technology, or related disciplines.
- meet the requirements of the postdoctoral position available at BIOTEC and its research units.
- apply for the fellowship within FIVE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of Natural sciences specified above.
- must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application.
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters. See sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- The deadline to apply is 1 August 2022.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.