Applications for the SWSIS Scholarship Program are now accepted. Only female students may apply this scholarship. They must be enrolled or will be enrolled at the U.S institution. The winning student may expect to receive up to $10,000. To apply, the application package must be received no later than February 1 every year.
The ACSA/CRA-W SWSIS program, together with Hewlett-Packard (HP) Company, is offering up to $10,000 scholarship to a woman. The scholarship can be used in her junior or senior year of undergraduate studies, or master’s degree. SWSIS stands for Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security. The scholarship is administered by ACSA and the CRA Committee on the Status of Women in Computing Research. Funds are paid directly to your account at your university for tuition, books, etc.
The ACSA/CRA-W SWSIS program is offering up to $10,000 scholarship to the scholarship winners.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate or master degree in Information Security fields.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Women may receive the scholarship for their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies, or for a Masters’ program.
- You must be accepted at or enrolled in a US campus of a US university.
- Preference will be given to US citizens and permanent residents.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application package must be consisting the following documents:
- An essay describing her interest and background in the information security field.
- A current official or unofficial transcript.
- A resume or CV.
- Letters of reference (typically from faculty members).
- Her university name and class status.
- If the applicant is in her first semester at her current university, she should submit her class schedule and transcript(s) from prior universities. Official transcripts may be required for scholarship recipients, but not for application.
- The scholarship is renewable for a second year, given proof of satisfactory academic progress.
February 1 annually.