The TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme is open to PhD candidates from developing countries (except Pakistan) with a minimum of a Master’s degree in the areas of natural and related sciences. The entire fellowship programme is fully-funded by CUI including food, accommodation and health insurance. Applications are open for interested and eligible applicants till around ending of August every year.
The TWAS-COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) Fellowship Programme for postgraduate research offers fellowship to interested scientists from outside of Pakistan who intend to obtain their PhD (sandwich or full-time) in natural or social sciences. Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in their field of study.
The SANDWICH Fellowships (for students registered for a PhD in their home country) may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period of 18 months. The FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD in their home country) may granted for a period of up to 3 years.
The TWAS-CUI Fellowships offer:
- accommodation support, basic health insurance, adequate food supply, individual research and training grants;
- conducive working conditions and a stipend to cover other living expenses during the duration of the programme.
Candidates applying for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (except Pakistan);
- must be residing outside Pakistan;
- must not possess any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- must have acquired MSc degree (with research) in a field of natural sciences;
- If applying in a field of eligible social sciences, acquired a MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- must not have exceeded 35 years of age by 31 December in the year of application;
Modes of Study
Interested candidates must meet the following conditions.
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships:
- (a) enroll at CUI, Pakistan;
- (b) have acquired MS/MPhil degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0;
- (c) not hold 3rd division (i.e. less than 50% marks) throughout the academic cycle;
- d) have passed departmental test within the first semester of studies, or have a valid GAT/GRE (subjects) score as specified on the CUI website.
- (e) must apply online for admission at CUI through the CUI portal.
- (f) submit the scanned copy of all academic certificates (transcripts and degrees).
- for SANDWICH Fellowships:
- a) be registered PhD students in a developing country, and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university;
- b) provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI.
Level and Areas of Study
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences incl. Computing and IT
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social and Economic Sciences
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CUI when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and signed. The subject line must contain CUI/PG and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme should send a copy of their application to CUI.
- If accepted, candidates will be issued an Acceptance Letter from CUI. For any inquiry, please contact Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) by email at email@example.com
The invitation for applications is open until August 31, 2022.