Applications for the ODI Fellowship Scheme are now invited. This demanding program is open to candidates from all nationalities. He or she must hold master or PhD qualifications. Successful candidate will receive salary of £21,000 per year.
The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) is glad to offer an amazing fellowship named ODI fellowship Scheme. Candidates are expected to hold masters or PhD in economics, econometrics, statistics or related field. The Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities. The Scheme places young and highly motivated economists and statisticians in public sector posts in developing country governments on two-year contracts.
The winning fellows will receive a salary of £21,000 a year (increasing to £23,000 in the second year), plus housing allowance.
Level and Area of Studies
This is a non-degree program in the field that closely related to economics, econometrics, statistics or specialism that includes agricultural, environmental, international, health or development economics.
Place of Study
Fellow are employed and managed by host Governments.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The ODI Fellowship Scheme is open to candidates of any nationality.
- You must have a Masters or PhD in economics, econometrics, statistics or a related field.
- Suitable specialism includes agricultural, environmental, international health or development economics.
- Willing to commit to a two-year posting in any of the participating countries.
- Candidates who have a demonstrable interest in development; relevant work or voluntary experience in a developing country, and strong computer skills.
- Although most Fellowship posts are in English-speaking countries, French, Portuguese or Swahili language skills are an advantage for several posts.
There is no nationality restriction.
Application Deadline: April yearly.