The IIAS Fellowships is open for application for the 2023-2024 academic session. Individual fellows from Israel and abroad have the opportunity to carry out an innovative and impactful research at the IIAS in a stimulating academic environment. Interested persons are welcome to apply.
The IIAS fellowships 2023-2024 program offers scholars from Israel and abroad to submit proposals for an individual fellowship at the IIAS for the 2023-2024 academic year. Topics may cover any research area from any discipline and expected to be innovative, with the potential to impact research in the field. There is room for collaboration on the same project, but scholars should apply individually and state clearly that they wish to work together.
- A monthly stipend up to $6,000
- Comfortable Accommodation
- Reimbursement of Travel expenses
- Reimbursement of Shipping expenses on Research aids,
- Health and Personal Belongings Insurance
Level and Area of Studies
- a Fellowship residency
- a Topic in any Research area from any Discipline
Place of Study
At the IIAS, located at the Edmond J. Safra Givat Ram campus of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Scholars may be from Israel or abroad and must have a tenured position with an academic research institution.
- Former fellows may apply for an individual fellowship once 10 years have elapsed from the end of their previous term by the beginning of the academic year of their fellowship. This fellowship is not open to postdoctoral researchers.
- Applications are to be submitted online between September 1 – December 1 (midnight)
Applications can be submitted online. In the online form, the applicant is required to submit the following details:
- Personal information
- A list of 4 international experts in the candidate’s field and their contact information
- Letter of Intent (up to 1000 words): description of the project and justification
- Professional CV and a full list of publications.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.