The Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH) is delighted to offer a number of awards through the IASH Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries at Edinburgh University. Scholars from around the world are welcome to apply. They will be participating in postdoctoral program in any area of the Humanities and Social Sciences. A range of benefits will be given to the winning fellows.
The Institute welcomes visiting researchers from across the world. Since 1970, over 1200 Fellows have stepped through our doors with IASH Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries at Edinburgh University. Up to 30 researchers are in residence at any one time in our amazing–and eclectic–eighteenth century building just on the edge of the University’s central campus, boasting views of The Meadows.
Check Also: Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Advanced Studies (JISP)
Each of the winning fellows may expect to receive the benefits as follow:
- Research visit at the University of Edinburgh for three to ten months
- Bursary of up to a maximum of £13,000
- Dedicated office space and University e-mail and library access
- An allocated University mentor from an area relevant to the Fellows’ research interests
- Weekly Fellows’ Lunch to build community
- Collegial work-in-progress seminar series for testing new ideas
- Calendar of engaging events at the Institute and College
- Opportunities to participate in and design funded workshops, colloquia etc at the Institute
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program in Humanities and Social Sciences.
Place of Study
At Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at University of Edinburgh in the UK.
Eligibility and Criteria
We warmly welcome applications from both within and beyond the University of Edinburgh. Applicants must have been awarded a doctorate at the time of application, and normally within the last three years (you must be able to produce a transcript, testamur, or a letter of completion/eligibility to graduate as part of your application). You should not have held a permanent position at a university, or a previous Fellowship at the Institute for Advanced Studies. Those who have held temporary and / or short term appointments are eligible to apply.
There is no nationality restriction to apply this IASH Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Recommended: NIAS Individual Fellowships in Humanities and Social Sciences
To apply for the IASH Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries at Edinburgh University, please go to the link below to see the detail instruction of application procedure.
30 April every year.