The Humboldt German Chancellor Fellowship for Prospective Leaders is now open for applications to university graduates with initial leadership experience who are from Brazil, China, India, South Africa, and USA. This fellowship for prospective leaders brings you to Germany for one year to implement a project idea you have developed yourself, and help you network with international future leaders to find new answers to the global issues of our time. Apply until October 15.
The Humboldt German Chancellor Fellowship is for leaders of tomorrow. Graduates with initial leadership experience from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, South Africa or the USA who would like to implement a self-chosen project that supports their career development, and is societally relevant with lasting public impact are brought together to actively participate in an international network of dedicated leaders. They come to Germany with a German Chancellor Fellowship from the G to take the next step of their career.
The fellowship program is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. Up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships are awarded at the moment.
The Humboldt German Chancellor Fellowship offers you:
- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,000 euros, 2,300 euros or 2,600 euros – depending on your training and career level.
- an intensive language course before you begin your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship.
- individual support during your stay in Germany.
- additional financial support, e.g. for mobility, for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for additional German language courses.
- joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society.
- networking activities that enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organize smaller network formats with other fellows.
- a two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions.
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
Your host will have a monthly subsidy of €500 at their disposal for any costs arising while conducting the project.
The Humboldt German Chancellor Fellowship sponsors future decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders – regardless of industry. Apply if you:
- Hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, South African or American citizenship.
- Work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience.
- Will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October 2024.
- Want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany.
- Have good knowledge of English and/or German
Also Check: Popular Scholarships in Germany Without IELTS
How-To-Apply: Before applying for the Humboldt German Chancellor Fellowship, you should discuss the details of your project with your chosen host.
Submit the necessary application documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only:
- Letter of motivation.
- Project plan.
- Extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany.
- Two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background.
- The online application form contains links where the letters of recommendation and statements can be uploaded. Please forward these links to the relevant individuals as soon as possible.
- They will send you a confirmation e-mail as soon as they have received all the required documents.