Applications now open for the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential scholarship open to international students from outside the European Union (EU) who are admitted to a Master’s programme at the University.
These scholarships are fully-funded, offering about 24 full awards of up to €29.000 each academic year to highly talented students for either of the 13 months or 25 months programme.
Th Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from non-European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Full Time Maastricht University Master’s Scholarships programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Amount of the UM Holland-High Potential scholarship programme (this year rate)
|Living expenses||€ 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 207||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
Maastricht University, Netherlands
Eligible candidates must:
- Hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- Have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the referenced academic year.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme applied for.
- Never have participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- Not be older than 35 years of age on 1 September the admission year.
- Have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the year’s scholarship programme applicants.
- Candidates are required to Register for one of the participating Master’s programmesat Maastricht University.
- Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will need this student number and other details on the official application page in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form.
Submission Deadline: 1 February, Yearly