Applications for the European Forum Alpbach (EFA) Scholarships and event is now open to students, young professionals and changemakers from all around the world. Would you like to be part of the European Forum Alpbach in summer 2023? Apply for a scholarship now and be in for a lifechanging event! The program is fully funded for all participants.
European Forum Alpbach (EFA) Scholarships | Hundreds of young talents from all around the world join the European Forum Alpbach (EFA) event every year. Students, young professionals and changemakers attend a variety of scientific, competence based and artistic seminars, enjoy a high-level conference programme as well as social and cultural activities in the village of Alpbach. Both EFA itself as well as the Forum Alpbach Network (FAN) award around 400 scholarships.
Alpbach is an inspirational place that opens minds and souls for Europe’s future. A forum that generates ideas and sparks action. It is described as “an absolutely outstanding opportunity for young minds to interact, discuss, build friendships and collaborations and to promote positive changes in the future.”
The EFA Scholarships covers:
- the participation fee and your accommodation for the entire duration of EFA23 (19 August to 2 September 2023).
- Additionally, EFA scholarship holders receive a daily allowance of EUR 20/day.
- Some Clubs within the Forum Alpbach Network offer a reimbursement of travel costs and/or daily allowances to their scholarship holders.
To be eligible for the European Forum Alpbach Scholarships:
- Scholarships are available to applicants between 18 and 30 years of age (up to 35 for African applicants).
- Applications are welcome from all countries and disciplines.
- Artists and non-graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Those who haven’t received a scholarship from the European Forum Alpbach yet.
- The main language of the European Forum Alpbach is English.
- All applicants must be available and ready to attend the European Forum Alpbach 2023 for a minimum of 12 days.
How To Apply for the European Forum Alpbach Scholarships:
- You can either apply via the EFA’sapplication portal or via one of the FAN’s alumni clubs.
- FAN clubs strive to make the Alpbach experience available to new scholarship holders from their clubs’ regions. If you have a regional affiliation to one (or even more) of the 30 existing FAN Clubs, we recommend checking out if they offer scholarships, and, if yes, to apply there.
- Where the Club in your country does not offer scholarships, or if there is no Club in your country, then we invite you to apply via the EFA.
- The EFA scholarship programme is open to international applicants from all regions of the world, with a special focus on Europe.
Applications for at the European Forum Alpbach Scholarships 2023 are possible until 31 March.