The Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program are available for students applying degree program at Chinese institution. All applicants must be overseas students or non-Chinese citizens. The scholarship will be awarded on annual basis.
The Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations. The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the categories available
The Bilateral Program provides both fully funded scholarships and partial scholarships. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
Level and Area of Studies
Bachelor, Master and PhD program in any field.
Place of Study
The Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program study will be taken in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
All nationalities other than China are eligible to apply to Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program.
Updated every year.