If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, then the Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship at University of Essex UK is open for applications for you. You could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,500, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
The Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship at University of Essex, UK is targeted at international students from African nations. You will also be considered for this award if you are ordinarily resident in Africa and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) from any of the following countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.
Awardees stand to receive scholarships of up to £4,500, paid as a discount on their tuition fee.
Level and Area of Studies
Master’s programmes in any disciplines.
Place of Study
University of Essex, UK.
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees and starting in October and January.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September (for October start) or 06 January (for January start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
The Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered.
The University will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved, and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a placement by the deadlines, and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.